Sunday, August 8, 2010

OUT IN THE STICKS

6th August Albergue la Casa Del Comino in Valverde de la Virgen. I don’t think I’ll have any chance of uploading this today because I seem to be somewhat out in sticks. The albergue has got everything going for it except not a shop in reasonable distance. The trail follows the main road to Astorga and the sound of the busy road can be heard here. I only did about 12 km from the albergue in Leon as I have plenty of time to get to Astorga and then to Compostela. At present I am the only person staying here which has its advantages. No snoring hopefully tonight. Later joined by a Korean woman and an Italian guy. Neither snored.

Yesterday evening I treated myself to good meal in Leon and then on the way here this morning I had a pretty big breakfast with some English guys I had dinner with last night. Looks like short walks and eating for the next few days.


On the way out of Leon I came across a hillside full of what could only be described as hobbit houses. I think they must be wine cellars like they have in Moravia in the Czech Rep.

In the movie I want to explain that I had a brush with death when the giants head glanced off my shoulder. Luckily no injury but it was close shave which led to a lot of concern on the part of the Giants and Grallers of Sant Celoni. I mentioned this before but they are from Catalonia. ‘Close Shave’! No chance ‘cause I lost my razor blades long ago. D

No comments: