Sunday, August 8, 2010

A DAY OF EATING

Its a day for blogs. What a difference it makes to have a freely accessible wifi and some time on my hands. I went out this evening looking for a meal but more of that in a moment. The sight of that full boot rack would strike fear into the heart of a weary traveller just arrived. This is the way that most albergues deal with the incredibly dusty battered boots that come in on the (blistered) feet of tired legs. And then below the pictures of knights who make regular appearances here in in the town.

Artist materials are freely available in the albergue which gives the inmates an opportunity to express there feelings on a board. Not quite sure what to think when I see some of the efforts.

Now for the food. During the trail I have been hard pressed to find a no nonsense good value eating place like the ones common in most cities and towns in Europe. Mostly I have seen the type of restaurants that have fancy menus with prices to match. They often skimp on the quantity and want at least 10 euros for the pleasure of eating it, and thats not including drinks. But this evening I found this place called Los Angeles where I found just stuff I need for this wandering lifestyle. The whole thing, including a coffee was 5 euros. Of course nothing is completely straight forward. It was well worth the cost but watch out for the bread trick. (80 cents and I didn't ask for it. The waiter (in picture) backed off gracefully and knew he'd tried it on.
Looks a bit greasy but great for an active day ahead.

No comments: